Material editor

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Coen Naninck

Material editor

Post by Coen Naninck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:55 am

Has the Material Editor to create and edit materials - as shown in the Indigo manual - now been integrated into the main render interface? I can't find the program on my computer or access it from within Indigo. I did however create a new material inside Indigo and play with it, but I was not able to edit an existing material in there.

Coen Naninck

Re: Material editor

Post by Coen Naninck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am

I figured out how to load an existing material into Indigo, using the File > Open command.

That still leaves the question about the Material Editor from version 2 though. Any help with this is appreacited.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Yes, since Indigo 3.0 the material editor functionalities are accessible exclusively from the Property Editor of the main application. There is no standalone editor no more, the Property Editor is now a centric Indigo asset.

Is there any functionality that you may be missing currently ?
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 am

Of course, there is still room for improvements. But less than you may know currently ;)

Blog post: Material Editing Improvements
obsolete asset

Coen Naninck

Post by Coen Naninck » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:36 am

Hi CT,

I'm not missing any functionality because I'm just now learning how to work with the application. I'll let you know if I find something though.

Thank you for your help.

ReinOwader

Post by ReinOwader » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:43 pm

I cant figure out how I can create Blend material in Indigo 3.0.14. How I create A and B material. At the moment it seems a big leap backwards in regard of material editor. Its not intuitive. It is more simple to create material straight in Sketchup with Skindigo. Much more logical.

In old editor I created 3 materials and then started to edit two of them. When finished, I took third unedited material and made it to Blend material and selected A and B. but how i do it in new indigo?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:18 pm

You should get Indigo 3.2+, it has been through some improvements regarding material editing. The real trouble with 3.0.14 is that material names set by the user are not aknowledged (all keep named 'New Material'), in later versions they are... after a short while. Also in later versions, the slots for mat A and B are text fields, not dropdown list; start typing the name of the material to pop a list.

But to answer your question on how, it is as you said really. Nevertheless, the material editor will certainly keep improving.
Attachments
blend_3.2.jpg
obsolete asset

7 posts • Page 1 of 1