Indigo for Maya Material Request.

General discussion about Indigo Materials - material requests, material developement, feedback, etc..
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
oceanljm

Indigo for Maya Material Request.

Post by oceanljm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:50 am

http://www.indigorenderer.com/materials/
How to use Indigo Material in MAYA .I correctly installed the Indigo for Maya plug-in.But I can not find where to import these materials.Please help me. Thank you!!!

CTZn

Re: Indigo for Maya Material Request.

Post by CTZn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Hi oceanljm,

You will get two kind of files from the material library: IGM files (Indigo material) and PIGM files (packed Indigo material). MtI can link to IGM files only, however PIGM files are just ZIP files with a different extension that you can extract to disk before linking to the IGM file they contain.

In the Indigo shelf that should be accessible after installation of MtI, click on the icon marked "link" (Maya 2010 and below) or "IGM" (Maya 2011 and above) and point to the IGM file of your choice. A new material will be created that you can assign to your geometry.

This option is also available from the MtI menu as "Assign IGM to selected".
obsolete asset

oceanljm

Re: Indigo for Maya Material Request.

Post by oceanljm » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 pm

CTZn wrote:Hi oceanljm,

You will get two kind of files from the material library: IGM files (Indigo material) and PIGM files (packed Indigo material). MtI can link to IGM files only, however PIGM files are just ZIP files with a different extension that you can extract to disk before linking to the IGM file they contain.

In the Indigo shelf that should be accessible after installation of MtI, click on the icon marked "link" (Maya 2010 and below) or "IGM" (Maya 2011 and above) and point to the IGM file of your choice. A new material will be created that you can assign to your geometry.

This option is also available from the MtI menu as "Assign IGM to selected".
Very detailed description! Thank you very much! !

3 posts • Page 1 of 1