Page 1 of 1

New wiki

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:10 pm
by benn
I've been experimenting with a new wiki for the indigo site. It'll mostly be used for experimenters and people writing up documentation and tutorials and tips. We can then garden the wiki and put the good stuff into the documentation section of the site (with appropriate credits to the author).

http://www.indigorenderer.com/wiki/

If you want to try out editing - you can have a go in the sandbox at:

http://www.indigorenderer.com/wiki/sandbox

I'm not 100% sure that everything is working correctly - let me know if you have some problems.

:)

Re: New wiki

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 pm
by benn
I don't think authentication is working properly for everyone yet. I'll sort it when I can.

Re: New wiki

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:32 am
by CTZn
Hi benn,

The editor looks cool, I didn't test it extensively though.

Would it be usable for systems with IE versions prior to 7 ? I did upgrade, but I would not enforce this at all cost as new (unsafe/unstable) Windows applications may not be accepted in a professional environment. I'm just hoping that it will remain compatible with older browsers versions, furthermore when it just comes to consult the wiki for reading.

Re: New wiki

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:29 am
by pixie
CTZn wrote:Hi benn,

The editor looks cool, I didn't test it extensively though.

Would it be usable for systems with IE versions prior to 7 ? I did upgrade, but I would not enforce this at all cost as new (unsafe/unstable) Windows applications may not be accepted in a professional environment. I'm just hoping that it will remain compatible with older browsers versions, furthermore when it just comes to consult the wiki for reading.
By any chance are you talking of IE 6? :lol:

Re: New wiki

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:04 am
by CTZn
:) more precisely I'm talking about switching from a tested, stabilised and approved working environment (whatever it might be) to a new one wich has to pass through new validation steps (and may fail, at least for a time).

Honestly I'm no expert in these fields, and I don't trust numbers, even if the new icons have more colors or tabs were added, or whatever ;)