Page 1 of 1
{Ask} How to continue a render from it's latest progress
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:40 am
by Blazedremedy
I just got done rendering my first serious render last night it went for about 7 hours with 4 computers but still isn't close to done. It crashed at 3:00 in the morning and I don't know how to continiue from last saved point. I have the png file of what it looked like at 3:00 but still dont know how to continue.
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:55 am
by cookieofdoom
You need to render with IGI turned on, I believe. I'm not sure how that works in sketchup.
Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:23 am
by cpfresh
all you need is your igi file and the igs file. you can use the -r option when restarting indigo. gl!
also, there is a resume option in the skindigo drop-down menu under plugins... use that.

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:40 am
by Blazedremedy
Sorry to bug you guys, I need to know how to resume a render as a NetworkMaster and same for the Slaves I have tryed so may different ways of typing out the command line but can't seem to get it to launch properly.
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:00 am
by cpfresh
the slave machines don't require anything special in regards to getting them started, your typical network-slave startup string should work fine. the difference is the starting of the master machine in which you'll need to add the -r option. if you refer to the indigo manual it shows the string requirements for starting a resume render from the command line. then to enable network rendering add in the -n option. so, for example:
[master]
c:\indigo.exe -n wm -o z:\renders\awesomeness.png -r z:\renders\awesomeness.igi z:\igs\awesomeness.igs
[slave]
c:\indigo_console.exe -n s z:\igs\awesomeness.igs
z: is of course my shared network drive accessible by all network slaves.
hope this helps!