Page 1 of 1

Possible Bug - aka; i think i need some help

Posted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:01 am
by crojack
It seems I am stuck with only the ability to render in clay mode.

I have a model that I rendered in clay mode, just messing around a little.

Than, when I went to render it in regular mode, it still rendered in clay mode; whether I choose render scene or export scene. rather odd, I thought.

So, as a test, I closed that model, and created a brand new one, just a box with some textures on it. Now, without rendering in clay mode, just regular mode, render scene and export model, this model is also only rendering in clay mode.

any ideas Whaat? anyone want to test this on their machine?

Posted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:03 am
by cpfresh
i'd give it a test if you'd share the file.

Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:26 am
by crojack
well, a long weekend with the computer off somehow reset it.
:roll:
or actually, I'm sure it was jsut a re-boot. still a weird thing though.

Posted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:04 am
by remus
i had this problem. I managed to fix it by closing SU completely and then starting it back up again.

Bit of a stab in the dark, but i imagine its somethng to do with skindigo storing the textures in memory somewhere and thne not being able to tell when your in clay render mode and when you arent.