Help to define Texture coordinates

Announcements, information, requests and support regarding other exporters and general/new exporters
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
delle

Help to define Texture coordinates

Post by delle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 pm

Hi All,

I'm writing an exporter for my CAD Application to Indigo Render.

Currently I'm only using B&W (more or less) diffure material but I want to use textures (see my test image and see original scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3EzCgTEwRU).

In my Application texture attributes (gain and offset) are related to materials and not to objects. Each object has its UV set but is the union of Material UV attributes + Object UV coords that defines the final mapping of a texture onto surfaces/objects.

Is there something similar into Indigo scene language ? Can I use the tag <u_scale> (or <v_scale>) inside the tag <albedo_texture>?

Regards

Delle
Attachments
im1219249102_Finale.JPG
Test image
im1219249102_Finale.JPG (45.97 KiB) Viewed 10541 times

rgigante

Post by rgigante » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:27 pm

Hi Delle,

there are no <u_scale> or <v_scale> parameter inside any tag referring to texture in indigo scene description. Inside the <albedo_texture> tag, for example, the only reference to UV values is the <uv_set>. Adjusting the UV values exported during the mesh creation process you can properly "scale", "move" or "rotate" your UV coords.

Hope this helps, R.

delle

Post by delle » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:37 pm

Hi R. Gigante, I know that I can use uv_set during mesh creation process but, in my case, I prefer to change materials/texture mapping into igs file directly without re-export all (I'm currently testing Indigo materials).

In addition to this, I use many textures with different mappings for the same material. This force me to create many uv-sets for all objetcs.

....maybe adding a little gain/offset feature to Textures could help :D

Delle

3 posts • Page 1 of 1