iClone 7.3 with Indigo RT Plug-in

Announcements, information, requests and support regarding other exporters and general/new exporters
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
jwlovell

iClone 7.3 with Indigo RT Plug-in

Post by jwlovell » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:58 am

Apparently Reallusion is abandoning support for Indigo as a plug-in, but I notice when I downloaded the Indigo RT 4, that I am able to open the .igs file exported from it and render it just fine. Notice an odd anomoly though, on a 4K render it says I am getting over 38M samples / second, which seems a lot faster than the bench mark scene. I do have a Maxwell Titan X card though, and an 8 core I7 processor. So maybe that is fine. Interesting to play around with. Not sure if I can figure out how to animate though using Indigo. I suppose I can do some kind of alembic export and bring it into another program like C4D or Maya or something.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Re: iClone 7.3 with Indigo RT Plug-in

Post by Oscar J » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:39 am

You can open an Indigo Queue file with a sequence from Iclone using Indigo 4 instead of Indigo 3.8. In theory at least.

jwlovell

Post by jwlovell » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:57 am

Thank you. Assuming I get it to work, is there an optimal settings topic somewhere I can peruse, for animating?

4u2ges

Post by 4u2ges » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am

Hi jwlovell,

To me it is unfortunate, that RL retired Indigo plug-in. There are no optimal settings anymore with RT 4.0 and iClone, when it comes to exporting a scene and rendering with OpenCL. Lighting is all messed up. Spotlights would not work. Built-into iClone materials translation is not accurate. You have to do a lot of tweaking in Indigo to make it appear correctly.

And here is a problem with animation. You can work in Indigo tweaking materials for stills, but not for the sequence, as it would require redoing every frame. It is still possible to tweak one frame and then replicate changes to the rest of the frames in the batch (igs files are XML formatted) with scripting effort.

Rendering with other methods are still produce expected result (but it is painfully slow). You can check the latest thread on RL forum where I posted some of the iClone/RT 4.0 shortcomings (for OpenCL rendering) just today.

Here is a 15 sec test animation I made a year ago with RT 4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwCNuefMuSs

4 posts • Page 1 of 1