Is this time to give up Indigo ?

Announcements, information, requests and support regarding other exporters and general/new exporters
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
henrib

Is this time to give up Indigo ?

Post by henrib » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:28 am

2 days ago, chaos group announced the release of the 2.0 rhino's vray plugin.
For sure,indigo's rendering is better, but the gap between them is reducing...
Rhino3d is used by thousands of people all around the world and now with the success of Grasshopper, this community is growing exponentially.
Of course, I can export my Rhino’s files to Cinema 4D or Sketchup, but to be honest, for my purpose which is designing luminaries, I'm loosing to much time with conversion between softwares to "earn" the possibility of rendering my 3d with Indigo.

I’m dreaming of an indigo's exporter for Rhino so I'm asking (and hope for a positive response) :

Is there hope to see the birth of a Rhino’s exporter during 2014 ?

Thanks in advance,

Henri

CTZn

Re: Is this time to give up Indigo ?

Post by CTZn » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:17 am

Hi Henri, sorry I'm not the one to answer you, but have you ever been asking this question within the Rhino community ?

Expectedly, a Rhino plugin would be managed by a Rhino developer. You are the one to ask Rhino devs wether one of them would like to take care of it and get in touch with Ono for the matter.

That said, I'm not to interfer with Glare Tech's busisness, count me out of this thread.
obsolete asset

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:59 am

The title is pure flame-bait. There are much better ways to phrase a request for a Rhino exporter.

henrib

Post by henrib » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:20 pm

@CTZn
Thanks for your response. I'll ask the Rhino's community.

#StompinTom
Of course, my title should be more "conventional" and I will really happy to follow your advice.
I've tried 6 month ago... Here :
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... 12&t=11591
No response.
I'm french and my english is poor, so please, really, help me. Tell me how I have to ask to know if Glare Tech plan a Rhino Exporter.

Regards,
Henri

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:01 pm

to whoever writes it--

do it in python please.. that way it will (should) work with mac rhino. (maybe other ways to accomplish the same in a different language?)

currently, there are no rendering exporters for mac rhino.. the first one to do it will get a lot of attention :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:00 am

Jeff Hammond wrote:to whoever writes it--

do it in python please.. that way it will (should) work with mac rhino. (maybe other ways to accomplish the same in a different language?)

currently, there are no rendering exporters for mac rhino.. the first one to do it will get a lot of attention :)
quoted for truth

the way things have been working here is that application users committed THEMSELVES into creating the required exporter. In most cases it was NOT Glare Tech's initiative...

Get in touch with OnoSendai and take on !
obsolete asset

6 posts • Page 1 of 1