[announce] Interlude

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
CTZn

Re: [announce] Interlude

Post by CTZn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 pm

dougal2 wrote:Very nice work CTZn.... you may want to edit the thread title ;)
By the way, Doug, was that related to your own evaluation of MtI 1.1 ? I never have been very sure on how to interpret your post...
obsolete asset

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:03 pm

No problem :)
Hope we can sort this out quite fast.

CTZn wrote::
See you soon, right here !
Just wondering how soon it will be... well i'm not planning on dying in the next 50 years, so we will have atleast sometime :)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:29 pm

Just wondering how soon it will be...
Me too, please don't ask aaaargh ;)

I may come back to you privately on monday, on a second thought. You will then be likely to receive the software without any documentation, making one became possible only lastly, since the UI implementation was achieved (or nearly).

Hopefully you have already at least half the required knowledge to use MtI, since you are now an experimented Indigo user. Be aware though that MtI is far from having the same amount of options than Cindigo or SKindigo I suppose, due to its closed development of these last months.

Yeah, as I said already I'm shy, MtI is reborn but has no baptismal certificate yet.

gzavye deserves a dedicace again for his support, as an animation teacher I suppose that he must be quite busy at this time of the year.

To bed, now !

edit: must mention that there have been really positive gestures from Glare recently, these just have to be conforted further.
Last edited by CTZn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
obsolete asset

Stromberg

Post by Stromberg » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:36 pm

Sounds great, i will be waiting for your pm on monday :)
Documentation is not realy important yet, i will just have to try and fail ;)
Feature wise, i know it's not quite up to date yet, one of the reasons i want to help :)

Cya, monday ;)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:43 pm

The fact that the documentation is lacking doesn't mean that you will lack support, all the contrary.

Your help is much awaited, as well as my own integration in the exporters writers working structure.

'Monday !
obsolete asset

dougal2
Developer

Post by dougal2 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:05 am

CTZn wrote:
dougal2 wrote:Very nice work CTZn.... you may want to edit the thread title ;)
By the way, Doug, was that related to your own evaluation of MtI 1.1 ? I never have been very sure on how to interpret your post...
Well, the thread title is announcing an interlude - a break ?

However, activity seems to have started again, you might want to announce that ?

I know you (and me also) are waiting for official agreement with Glare, but from what you are saying, MtI is not exactly dormant.

My comment was just some gentle encouragement ;)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:24 am

Ah, thank you for the explanation, it's clear now, and thanks for the encouragement too !

I know you (and me also) are waiting for official agreement with Glare
I think there happened a shift in my mind at some point, where "interlude" was standing for nothing else :lol:

It's true it is hard for me to keep a balance lately, even on an organisational point. I'm glad I was able to sustain the illusion that long ;)
obsolete asset

gzavye

Post by gzavye » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:58 pm

gzavye deserves a dedicace again for his support
Thanks a lot :mrgreen:
I'm still here, but in background... 8)
I go back to work, so I have not much time to play :roll: with Mti

see you

CTZn

[announce] Interlude

Post by CTZn » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:57 am

Interlude is coming to an end.

Because it takes your experience and workflow to be grown further, MtI 1.1 beta will be publicly available in less than 10 days.

I'd be glad to extend the think tank with you, consider this as a new beginning !

Thank you for your attendance...
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:27 am

Obviously I didn't release a beta yet, sorry for the false flag. However it's improved to a point that gives more consistence to the new MtI workflow.

Marking your impatience could help a beta release or it'll keep improving :D

No more deadlines but: shortly !
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:47 pm

I'm delaying the next MtI update until some critical aspects of the code have been cleaned up or rewritten.

I hope that I'm taking the best available option, I started to be concerned with code optimization/readability and I would better apply that once for all. This will help in adressing bugs, along with now-too-old limitations.

I do apologize for the inconsistent release scheme :|

done already the past two weeks, todos:

- the indigoCamera can now be a 1, 2 or 3 nodes (not only the later). Next step would be to pick the indigoCamera freely amongst the renderable cameras (any existing perspective camera).

- Particle instances positional support. expressionPP/instancer rotations are ignored still, thats on the todo list (needafix))
- hidden particle instancers are not exported
- original meshes being instanced by particles can be hidden from scene
- Option to randomize particle instances vertical angle (switch)
- Option to randomize particle instances size within user defined ratio (from 0 to twice the original size)

- Added export progress bar with feedback. If the export is lasting at least you'll know why.

- I'm rewriting MtI's initialisation (again).
- Texture management prolly will have the same fate, it's clumpy.
- objExport handling must respect the Maya Scene hierarchy (that limitation where parents of a mesh's tranform having non frozen transformations will misplace the mesh in Indigo. For now please keep the scene hierarchy "flat", you can group meshes if the group(s) aren't transformed).

- Spotted numerous bug I want to fix.

- and edit: since I did not generate a first income I'll make sure to "have fun" with the Indigo demo, I want to learn ISL and do some renders finally.

Thanks to the Maya users who have marked their interest in using Indigo, so far.
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:38 pm

So, after more than 6 months of a sorry silence I can announce the next MtI release for the coming 48h !

It has a huge BETA tag on it. The editor concept hasn't changed much since I didn't come closer to the Maya API, but it was entirely reforged, faster and with a tighter design, as many other aspects.

MtI should run with any Indigo 2.x version, if not earlier ones. I also tried to have it run on any Maya version, meaning that it is not using any Maya version-specific feature. Still, non-Windows platforms might run into a few troubles... in all cases your feedback will be helpfull.

The documentation is what lacks the most atm, though it's priority will be the highest once the beta is released. Once running, MtI should be intuitive enough to start with. I'll give pointers meanwhile.

There is still much room for improvements and features, but I hope that there is enough already for fun and good use ;)
obsolete asset

27 posts