MAYA info

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
simpasb

MAYA info

Post by simpasb » Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 pm

hi i recently downloaded indigo renderer,

i am working on a scene and I am having a lot of trouble assigning materials. I understand this is a novice question (also new to maya) but hopefully some of you can shed light on the topic. I loaded my polygon clicked the IGM logo on the shelf and picked the file to assign but its not working. I used the marble material which came up unnamed...Once loaded its just a grey box. How do I connect the shaders (input)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also want some info on the phong, diffuse etc.

Thank you!!

CTZn

Re: MAYA info

Post by CTZn » Wed May 21, 2014 12:47 am

hi, the former mti that I developed and that you are using is not supported anymore. It is also difficult for me to answer accurately because I get web access away from my computer.

Make sure that your selection is green (single selection) or white (multiple selection), that is, that you are in object mode (F8 toggles between object/component modes.

Loading an igm with an active selection will link the igm to the selection. To apply a material, either middle-drag and drop it over a mesh, or select the mesh and see the right mouse button menu for the material you want to apply, or right click the mesh and apply an existing material.
obsolete asset

simpasb

Post by simpasb » Wed May 21, 2014 3:26 am

Thank you for the quick reply...Still no luck in maya. I did all three solutions you provided still get a grey box...Do i drag and drop it directly on the mesh? Are there some settings I should change once the marble is applied. For some reason I cannot see the applied material. But supposedly it is assigned. Really frustrating. Please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu May 22, 2014 6:22 am

linking to a material does not allow for its edition, it is a text file that one can edit manually though. also the linked material can be edited later in Indigo and saved as a new material to link to.

there is no proper indigo material import method in the former mti.
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1