mayaToIndigo alpha release

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
haggi

mayaToIndigo alpha release

Post by haggi » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:25 am

Hi,

I've written an plugin for maya which renders directly from maya. It is not an exporter but a integrated plugin. It is still in a very early stage and has nothing to do with the other maya to indigo scripted plugin which exports maya scenes as indigo files. It is a compiled plugin what means that it is less flexible but maybe a bit more efficient in some parts. If you want to try it you can download it here: http://openmaya.net/openmaya/mayatoindi ... _about.php

You can try it, but be warned, it is still an very early alpha version. I suppose it will crash quite often and a lot of features are still missing. For more informations, please have a look at the website. The plugin is available for for Maya2014 and Windows7 only.

CTZn

Re: mayaToIndigo alpha release

Post by CTZn » Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:36 am

cool, I was waiting for this myself ^^ Keep it up !

Not sure about the naming though, people will bump into the scripted exporter when searching about yours, adding confusion/clutter :)
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Yea, that's correct, but all my plugins are named this way as you can see here http://www.openmaya.net/, so I decided to leave the name as it is even if it is a bit confusing.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 am

No big deal, haggi. Thoughout the years I've been using the acronym MtI so that should not be too much of an issue.

Don't you let this baby down ! For now I will keep using my exporter, however I'm eager to be forced to a conversion as MayaToIndigo progresses !
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:27 am

The plugin is still in quite early stages. But I hope I can implement interactive updates soon, so that we have an IPR feeling for Indigo in maya.

And I thought about a node editor setup for visual programming of ISL shaders. Should be possible even if it is a bit of work. Could be fun if I manage some day to combine that with interactive preview.

But first... I have to implement all the basics. It will take some time until I reach the quality of MtI.

haggi

Post by haggi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:25 pm

There is a new release of mayaToIndigo. It is still based on the 3.6 version of Indigo. It now supports:
- IES light profiles
- nk_data for phong shaders
- albedo/emission UI feedback
- tone mapping
- white_points
- camera aperture settings and exposure duration

As before, you can download here: http://www.openmaya.net/openmaya/mayato ... wnload.php

The manual is updated in some parts and I added some example maya files for some features. Would be nice to get any feedback if it works at all on other systems.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 am

hi
I just downloaded the archive and doc and will get back to you soon.
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Thu May 08, 2014 3:37 am

Cool! I have a version wich implements a first simple version of ISL. But I'd like to add some more features before I release the next version.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Fri May 09, 2014 6:05 am

the module was installed correctly i think (I set the paths from the system variables) but the plugin would'nt load with an error saying that the procedure couldn't be found.

how would i help with sorting the issue ?
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Sun May 11, 2014 2:00 am

Can you tell me which variables you have set? And you use Maya2014 64bit?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Sun May 11, 2014 9:00 am

sorry, full reports are tedious over my phone. i've set the module path from the system variables. the plugin did show up but would not load. I am using maya 2013 64 wich might be the most pressing aspect of the issue.

Code: Select all

// Error: line 1: Unable to dynamically load : C:/Users/user/Documents/maya/mayaToIndigo/plug-ins/mayatoindigo.mll La procédure spécifiée est introuvable. // // Error: line 1: La procédure spécifiée est introuvable. // // Error: line 1: La procédure spécifiée est introuvable. (mayatoindigo) //
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Mon May 12, 2014 8:49 pm

Oh, indeed. I completly forgot to mention in the manual or on the website that the plugin is for maya2014 64bit at the moment. Sorry, I'll fix this with the next release.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue May 13, 2014 9:58 pm

ok no worries, we'get this around soon !
obsolete asset

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

Hi haggi, I got the plugin running under the same installation setup than before with version 2016 but halted the experience upon error:

Code: Select all

# mtIndigoLogger : IndigoEnvironmentCreateTab() # 
# mtIndigoLogger : IndigoTranslatorCreateTab() # 
polyCylinder -r 1 -h 2 -sx 20 -sy 1 -sz 1 -ax 0 1 0 -rcp 0 -cuv 3 -ch 1;
// Result: pCylinder1 polyCylinder1 // 
# mtIndigoLogger : aeTemplateCallback: pCylinderShape1 # 
# ui : AEIndigoNodeTemplate # 
filterString shader/surface shader/volume postCommand assignCreatedShader %type \"\" %node \"polyCylinder1 pCylinder1\"
# renderLogger : Treelister cmd addToRenderNodeTreeLister( "assignNewMaterialWindow|assignWindowForm|nodeTreeLister1", "assignCreatedShader %type \"\" %node \"polyCylinder1 pCylinder1\"", "Indigo/Materials", "indigo/material", "-asShader", ""); # 
# Error: line 1: AttributeError: file <maya console> line 1: 'IndigoRenderer' object has no attribute 'createRenderNode' # 
Results that I was not able to assign nor create any mti related shading node.

I peaked at github and saw that you did modifications a couple months ago, does it sum up to an update ? Hoping that you are doing well.
obsolete asset

haggi

Post by haggi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:11 am

Oh, yes indeed. The createRender node script is needed. Sorry, I'll try to update the archive as soon as possible.

39 posts