Indigo Renderer Maya Plug-In Help

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
10 posts • Page 1 of 1
pumpkinNPC

Indigo Renderer Maya Plug-In Help

Post by pumpkinNPC » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Hello everybody, I just installed Indigo renderer plugin for Maya and I cannot find any tutorials or anything else to help me with this. I would be grateful if you could answer one or two questions I have... :?:

Firstly, when I open the render window to render my scene/image, I get this window saying:

frozen:no render limits set.

And it has some options there. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I would be really happy if someone could tell me. :)

Secondly, I want to know if there is any way to import Maya scenes (including animation) into Indigo Standalone to render them.

I am waiting for a reply at anyone's earliest convenience...

Greetings,

pumpkinNPC :) :mrgreen:

CTZn

Re: Indigo Renderer Maya Plug-In Help

Post by CTZn » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:22 am

Hi Pumpkin NPC,

The options window you are brought to is obsolete, please see the Indigo Render Settings, 'Halt Conditions' section instead.

Indigo is a progressive renderer, meaning that in order to produce effectively an animation, a rendering limit per frame must be set. Because the lighting condition might change from frame to frame, the most suitable limit is a samples per pixel per frame ('target samples count').

The halt time can be used to prevent rendering to last more than a cap time per frame.

MtI has some limitations, please let me know how the animation feature is working for you. MtI is currently the only way to bring Maya scenes to Indigo, unless to port the Maya scene to another 3d app provided with a more robust exporter for animation.
obsolete asset

pumpkinNPC

Post by pumpkinNPC » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Thank you for the information you gave me, it is extremely helpful. Have a nice day. :D

pumpkinNPC

Post by pumpkinNPC » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 pm

Hello, another thing that I can't figure out how to solve and I would be thankful to, if it's possible. After I have set the limits needed, I click the Render button again and it seems like it started rendering the image but after some seconds it gives me an error with cmd in the background saying:

"Windows cannot find 'indigo'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again"

Anyone with the same problem? :?: :roll: :?

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:17 am

You need to install the Indigo rendering application separately, then check on the 'MtI' menu the item "Renderer Path...".

Is this step done ?

Export should not begin if there is no valid application folder specified, and if the application path is valid the indigo application should not be missing or located into another location.

Sorry, I never heard of such an issue.
obsolete asset

pumpkinNPC

Post by pumpkinNPC » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:45 am

Where can I find "Render Path"?
I was using Mental Ray for years but when I formatted my PC and I changed my Windows Version (from 7 Ultimate to 7 Home Premium), I installed Maya and mental ray gave me an error that made mental ray's installation impossible. I was forced to search for another renderer and I found Indigo. I started two days ago so I am a complete begginer with Indigo.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:45 am

CTZn wrote:check on the 'MtI' menu the item "Renderer Path...".
The MtI menu should be in the main Maya menu, toward it's right end before the help menu.

By clicking the Renderer Path... menu item a window titled 'mti_Path' should show up; the Indigo application folder should be specified there, in the form:
C:/Indigo/current
Just to point out that is uses slashes and points to a folder (the above is an example, the location is based on your Indigo installation path). Hit return and you should be good.
obsolete asset

pumpkinNPC

Post by pumpkinNPC » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:05 am

I can't seem to find the Mtl menu. I am using Maya 2014, if that helps.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:48 am

MtI is untested on Maya 2014.

try this command to raise the path window:

Code: Select all

mti_CHK; mti_UI_Path;
Please check the Script Editor for errors.
obsolete asset

pumpkinNPC

Post by pumpkinNPC » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:51 am

That worked like charm! :) :o Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for your help! You are a great, patient teacher and I have absolutely no idea of what I would do if it wasn't for you. Have a great day and don't stop being awesome! :D :mrgreen:

10 posts • Page 1 of 1