MtI 3.6

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
fourzeronine

Re: MtI 3.6

Post by fourzeronine » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:20 am

I actually really enjoy Mtl, it works much like the Maxwell plug-in. It allows me to set up everything within maya and just export out indigo scene files. Its really convenient for render farm scenarios. I have been pushing along with my maya/indigo animation project and Mtl has been amazing for me. It is sad to see it go as the other solution really isn't anywhere near as good. :cry:

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:22 am

CTZn wrote:isnt ls currentParent returning currentParent ? that being said off the top of my head... you know, when I started scripting I could only focus onto a few lines at once, and that's how I introduced the more bugs. but since I am not supporting that mti anymore, I do appreciate your efforts and am wishing you the best with it.
I think it has something to do with how maya 2015 handles listRelatives, as the variable still returns currentParent.

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am

I spent today squashing the rest of the apparent bugs in Mtl. If anyone is interested in the source just PM me.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:57 am

I would be perhaps :D can you provide a list of them bugfixes, it might interest some users indeed.

I'm very glad that you are finding mti useful for you 409, as you can tell I'm still sensible to critics wich should never happen that way for a developer... feedback is key of course.
obsolete asset

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:18 am

I understand how it is, I am sure Mtl is very important to you as you have surely devoted much of your time and effort. I have resolved all the issues regarding maya 2015. The shadow catcher check box is not translating over to indigo properly yet but it is no longer breaking maya when the plugins are loaded.

My next goal is to get the motion blur working properly, but I would really love to get some help. I believe I have found the section of code that needs some work for this to be working properly and I am deciphering that portion now. I am a bit confused as to how some of it is controlling the export of keyframes. I will just attach a zip of the all the mel and python scripts as I have made adjustments to a lot of them.
Attachments
Mtl_Maya2015.zip
(103.25 KiB) Downloaded 447 times

zio

Post by zio » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 am

fourzeronine, thank you for the update.

Request: constrain support!
previously ior

fourzeronine

Post by fourzeronine » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:48 pm

zio wrote:fourzeronine, thank you for the update.

Request: constrain support!
easiest fix would be to just bake the constraint ;)

52 posts