MtI 2.x beta 1

Announcements, requests and support regarding the MAYA exporter
CTZn

Re: MtI 2.x beta 1

Post by CTZn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:34 am

This was maybe related with an install bug. I was fooled into believing that the py file was read and identified as a plugin from within the Maya scripts folder... but it was just a local copy sneaking from otherwhere.

It's fixed if you reinstalled from the latest update, the plugin is now copied into the "plug-ins" folder of your MAYA_APP_DIR. It doesn't exist by default, but if it's here then Maya will seek for plugins within.

-

The null material will be removed from the indigoShader. The layeredShader is for now in charge of managing transparency:

- with one single material connected, the layeredShader will blend it with the null material. The single material must have it's transparency driven by a bakeable node (texture) or oops there's a bug being fixed here. Or nothing :)

- in the same way than above, when many materials are stacked the last one can be transparent. Tick on the step blend checkbox of the transparency texture for a billboard transparency effect (clip maps).

- I'm reserving the option to use an empty layeredShader to declare the null material.

Have fun ;)

PS: Since I'm not yet into the documentation writing, do not hesitate to ask as many informations as required. In an order please !
obsolete asset

Lemo

Re: MtI 2.x beta 1

Post by Lemo » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:49 am

Glad you're back on that exporter CTZn :)

17 posts