Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
juan_irender
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

Post by juan_irender » Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:50 am

Hi.
Thanks Polinalkrimizei for showing us about the new project of GlareTech, I was searching about the company and I found nothing.
I expect the developers will tell to us, sooner than later, about the future of Indigo.

Ciao!

mpro31

Post by mpro31 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:03 am

Hello to all, I would also like to add here my concern about Indigo's future, hoping this silence is temporary.

MrBlack

Post by MrBlack » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:19 am

Almost a year since weve had any word from the Indigo team.
Their social accounts are all dead, the forum is dead, updates to the software dead, updates to plugins dead.

Kinda scary when youve invested time and effort into an engine only for it to be abandoned.
Considering I still think indigo is one of if not the most power engine outright.....it just needs some updates to keep up with content creation techniques.

Hoping to hear from the team soonish.
The Max plugin has been in a sad state for so long I was actually considering abandoning Max to move to another DCC just for better plugin support.

noelyone

Post by noelyone » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:27 am

Hi indigo community

Regarding the radio silence from the indigo team.

I have been using indigo for about ten years and on a couple of occasions my computer has exploded/become unusable where I have had to buy a new machine. Having this brand new computer meant that my indigo was also wiped so I had to contact customer support in order to get new keys for the licence I had previously purchased. If and when my machine breaks down again and I need new keys for the licence I have already purchased how do I get this for free if the indigo team are no longer around? They should issue permanent licence keys for the release of indigo you have purchased however these current keys become unusable once you use them the first time.

As I rely solely on indigo for my business it is essential to me so I therefore cannot be in a position where the licence I purchased can no longer be used. I have contacted the indigo team by email and no response in two weeks.

Any thoughts on the above would be most helpful.

Thank you

juan_irender
Indigo 100

Post by juan_irender » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:59 am

Hi.
It seems that Indigo team is very busy with new GlareTech project, Substrata. I´ve been looking at Substrata Discord channel, and is very active.
As Glare Tech is a very small company in terms of human resources, I think they´ll back to attend Indigo as soon as they can.

Ciao!

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:55 am

@noelyone

I transferred my Indigo license to a new computer 2 weeks ago without a problem following the instructions on
this help page.
The help page refers to an email you should have received with the original order (mine is from 2009). Here's a screenshot of it.
Indigo_order.png
I requested the license reset on Friday Feb 26, and received the confirmation email a day later.

juan_irender
Indigo 100

Post by juan_irender » Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:13 am

Headroom wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:55 am
@noelyone

I transferred my Indigo license to a new computer 2 weeks ago without a problem following the instructions on
this help page.
The help page refers to an email you should have received with the original order (mine is from 2009). Here's a screenshot of it.
Indigo_order.png

I requested the license reset on Friday Feb 26, and received the confirmation email a day later.
Very good news, Headroom, Indigo´s heart is beating.
I´ll move to a new computer in few months.

Ciao!

noelyone

Post by noelyone » Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:45 am

@headroom

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. The link you sent only shows how to activate the original licence and doesn't mention anything about swapping a licence from one computer to another? I checked my email with the original order confirmation from 10 years ago and when I click the link to access the keys all that shows up is a confirmation email saying thank you for your purchase. There was no licence information which I could use to download the full version of indigo again for free.

Headroom
Indigo 100

Post by Headroom » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:59 am

The link I provided in step #3 describes what happens after you initially purchased Indigo.
The process is the same, whether you just purchased a license or want to transfer an existing license to a new machine.

You should have received an email with a link to the order page for your specific license. The screenshot I showed in a post above shows that link at the bottom of the email.

There is no need to download Indigo if you already have it installed on a computer. But even if you download a fresh copy of Indigo, the process is the same as with an existing license.

1. You start Indigo and click on the Licensing button (and select the License Keys tab)
2. You can then see the hardware key in the so labeled window
3. You click the copy to clipboard button.
Indigo License.png

Then you open the order confirmation email you received after your initial order and follow the link I mentioned.
Following the process described in the help page your license key will be reset, or created and you will receive another email with a link to your order page.
Indigo License 2.png
Follow that link and copy the license key to the clipboard and go back to Indigo. Click the license button (select the license key tab if it isn't selected by default) and paste the license key from the clipboard into the so named field.
The click the verify button. If things go right, now your license is verified.

However, everything I wrote above requires the link in the initial order confirmation email.
If you don't have that initial order confirmation email that might be a problem.

noelyone

Post by noelyone » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:59 pm

Hi Headroom

Thank you very much for your thorough response! I'm sure it will help more people than just me if they are in a similar situation. I have managed to track down my licence keys thankfully so I will implement what you said above when the need arises!
Cheers again, big help!!!
Noel

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:13 am

accidentally discovered a bug causing pink / white / black dots in some cases

if you set the camera value (higher) fstop 32+ noise reduction artifacts appear (gpu + optimize denoise + denoise)

i do not have the opportunity and time to provide proof, but you can be convinced by opening some of the standard materials from the library

Ascensi
3D Software: iClone

Post by Ascensi » Thu May 05, 2022 4:21 am

Hoping for VDB & advanced hair/fur support.
Indigo is looking pretty inactive so i'm a bit worried it's no longer being developed.

Zalevskiy
3D Software: Blender

Post by Zalevskiy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:04 pm

mpro31 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:28 pm
Hi there,
there is a problem saving .exr (32bit only) in 4.6.0 standalone, color spin wheel appears, never disappears.
All other formats ok including 16-bit exr.
my system is MacOS 10.13.6, import from C4d (latest beta)
Hi. I found an alternative solution:

1. open primitive scene with supersampling factor 2 + denoise optimization + denoise [ gpu nvidia ]
after trying to save .exr 32bit = spin wheel

2. select supersampling factor 1 mode (switch manually ssp 2 => 1) save .exr 32bit

3. and switch back to supersampling 2, and try save .exr 32bit

Success
Attachments
indigo_4.6.0_ss2_crash.jpg
spin wheel

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 pm

Hi guys.
Recently I have been focusing on Substrata. There is a little bit of Indigo development going on occasionally - some improvements to denoising, lightmap backing etc. As well as some custom improvements for some customers.

I'm still considering the future of Indigo. one possibility is open sourcing it.

Lal-O
2nd Place Winner
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Lal-O » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:17 am

OnoSendai wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:20 pm
Hi guys.
Recently I have been focusing on Substrata. There is a little bit of Indigo development going on occasionally - some improvements to denoising, lightmap backing etc. As well as some custom improvements for some customers.

I'm still considering the future of Indigo. one possibility is open sourcing it.
Hello Ono.

Nice to hear from you, you came along just as i was starting to consider migrating to Vray 4 SketchUp.
Finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel to finish our uncertainty :)

I'm sorry that the future of Indigo is being considered, i wish it was a priority instead of a side project... but well, unfortunately, as users, that decision is not up to us. :(

I'm glad to know that work will still continue on the development of Indigo...I don't know how much more effort is given to it so it kinda worries me because apparently only time will tell :(

Sorry for my poor english :P

66 posts