Indigo 1.0.3

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
joegiampaoli

Post by joegiampaoli » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:00 pm

Hey Ono, regarding to the IES black light mesh showing with certain IES files on lamps, is it possible that you could make it so it does render that luminance in the lamp? Or maybe the ability to create a light mesh material that just glows but doesn't shoot light?

Thx for all your hard work and putting up with our requests..... :oops:
Joe Giampaoli
Never tie a ship to a single anchor, nor life to a single hope
My Indigo Gallery

kadajawi

Post by kadajawi » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:12 pm

I love your network code changes Ono. If I may continue the thought... it would be cool if you can specify any computer over the internet as master (assuming the right ports are opened), and then the Indigo slave automatically downloads the neccessary files to a directory on the slave (great if they would be compressed before). Whenever a new image is rendered Indigo checks if the files, especially the textures, have changed (CRC values and size?). If yes a new version gets downloaded, otherwise it would save download time.
I hope that I make sense... it's very late and I should be in bed, sleeping.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Anthony wrote:Whatever happened to tests? Indigo 1.1 test 3?
I decided to stop calling them tests and just increment the minor version number instead.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:38 pm

joegiampaoli wrote:Hey Ono, regarding to the IES black light mesh showing with certain IES files on lamps, is it possible that you could make it so it does render that luminance in the lamp? Or maybe the ability to create a light mesh material that just glows but doesn't shoot light?
for using IES you only need a super tiny polygone to get the startpoint and direction of your light, simply use another material for your "bulp", like.... öhm... something that don't get tonemapped to black and don't receives shadows ^^
kadajawi wrote:...and then the Indigo slave automatically downloads the necessary files to a directory on the slave (great if they would be compressed before). Whenever a new image is rendered Indigo checks if the files, especially the textures, have changed (CRC values and size?). If yes a new version gets downloaded, otherwise it would save download time.
From my painful experiences with C4D netrender, I would love to a possibility to save the Project files on client side!! For rendering animations its a damn pain in the ass always having to upload all scene files to every client from server for each session (pointing @ env maps)! If this is no option, some kind of waiting line would be nice, so one client gets all files, starts rendering, and the next one gets served with the scene files etc. ... better than uploading to all clients at the same time for hours after they can finally start!

(7)zipping the scene files before sending to a client would be cool too, at last obj files compress very nicely :wink:
(my test to compress igi files only gave a maximum filesize reduce to 85% :? )
polygonmanufaktur.de

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:43 pm

kadajawi wrote:I love your network code changes Ono. If I may continue the thought... it would be cool if you can specify any computer over the internet as master (assuming the right ports are opened), and then the Indigo slave automatically downloads the neccessary files to a directory on the slave (great if they would be compressed before). Whenever a new image is rendered Indigo checks if the files, especially the textures, have changed (CRC values and size?). If yes a new version gets downloaded, otherwise it would save download time.
I hope that I make sense... it's very late and I should be in bed, sleeping.
That would be possible to implement, quite a lot of work tho.
In the mean time just save the scene to a network share and use a network share path as the scene file path.

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm

joegiampaoli wrote:Hey Ono, regarding to the IES black light mesh showing with certain IES files on lamps, is it possible that you could make it so it does render that luminance in the lamp? Or maybe the ability to create a light mesh material that just glows but doesn't shoot light?

Thx for all your hard work and putting up with our requests..... :oops:
One possible work around would be to have a small threshold for the emitted luminous flux in all directions, possibly as a percentage of the maximum or average luminous flux. In that way the emitter would always look white in any direction.

kadajawi

Post by kadajawi » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Hm, maybe someone else might do the network stuff? Like a program that loads the files and Indigo etc. Unfortunately I'm only doing some linguistics related stuff with Perl, so I'm probably not of much use.

Network share is what I've been trying to use, but the only way I found for doing that is Hamachi. Which works very well... in 1% of all attemps. The computers are spread over a few hundred km. :( Also, that doesn't reduce the traffic neccessary (ok, we all have flatrates, but my upload speed isn't that good).

Anthony

Post by Anthony » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:30 pm

We are on our way to 1.1 so shouldn't it be 1.1 test 3?

zsouthboy

Post by zsouthboy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:06 pm

Anthony wrote:We are on our way to 1.1 so shouldn't it be 1.1 test 3?
Wtf, you've asked that twice:

Ono said he's just incrementing the minor version now, instead of calling something xx test x

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:24 pm

whether it's called x.ytestz or x.y.z doesn't make any difference, don't you think so, Anthony?

Kosmokrator

Post by Kosmokrator » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:38 pm

thnx Ono!keep it up!
1)Core i7 965XE stock CLOCK ,PSU:CHIEFTEC 850W
M/B ASUS P6T DELUXE,WATERCOOLING ZALMAN RESERATOR 2
MEMORY:6GB CORRSAIR @1600,Ati HD 4870x2,
MONITOR:LG 1950SQ,CASE:THERMALTAKE SOPRANO

filippo

Post by filippo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:58 am

wonderfull work!!!
filippo
2x Xeon quad core ghz 2.66(8 core)+4g ram+quadro fx
2 x Xeon Quad 5540 (16 core)+16GB ram+ Nvidia GTX 295 1800mb

Woodie

Post by Woodie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:27 am

I just tested it:

Finally proper reflections in the mirror. Looks good.

:D

Now it would be nice to have a light source with limited range. (just to lit the light fixture reflector).

CoolColJ

Post by CoolColJ » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

I haven't even tested the last version yet :o

Kram1032

Post by Kram1032 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:02 am

:shock: THAT's unusual!

48 posts