Post by Evgeniy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:06 am

This water canyon scene.
Attachments
Caustic_Test.rar
(5.47 MiB) Downloaded 9 times

thesquirell

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

Post by thesquirell » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:22 am

Hmmm, that scene is heavy on the export, dunno why. But that really doesn't matter.

Just by looking at your two renders, I can tell that the one has much more samples then the other, focusing on the caustics on the bottom left side. You can see it gets a lot clearer, and there is a lot more energy in the caustics on the second(bottom) render. But I think I know what you mean. It's like in one rendering cycle there is that one random area that just keeps getting more samples, while other remains undersampled. In other cycle, on the same frame/scene, that undersampled area switches, and you are left with two different results, where on render we have some caustics, where on the other one those are gone, but we have them present in other place. Maybe playing with MLT settings could be the reason, like MNCR?

Evgeniy

Re: Indigo Renderer 4.6.0 Beta Release

Post by Evgeniy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:06 pm

" I can tell that the one has much more samples then the other"
Both pictures took the same amount of time to render

In general I can say that with Indigo 3.8 everything was good, but starting from version 4 it became bad

Unfortunately, since version 4 MLT mode is not completely suitable for animation, and for static pictures its use is now questionable. And the most frustrating thing is that in all my tests Indigo before version 4 gave the most beautiful and correct caustics from my point of view

33 posts